Compulsory conformity assessment of telecommunication devices in accordance with the National System for Conformity Attestation of the Republic of Belarus
The List of compulsory conformity assessment objects of the National System for Conformity Attestation of the Republic of Belarus (hereinafter - the List) was set by the Resolution of the Council of Ministers № 849 dated 21 October 2016.
Clarifying some issues on conformity assessment.
The State Committee for Standardization of the Republic of Belarus gave the Authorities for certification a permission to carry out works on conformity assessment before February 1, 2017. Compulsory certification objects can be found in the List of compulsory conformity assessment objects.
The start date for the conformity assessment document will be the date of putting in place compulsory conformity assessment for a a batch of relevant products.
According to clause 3 of the Resolution №849, the requirements do not apply to the following products:
- products that were in use;
- products imported by legal entities and individual entrepreneurs as components and raw materials for use in their own production (if they have conformity certificates of the National System for Conformity Attestation of the Republic of Belarus for ready for products produced with the use of these components and materials);
- products imported as samples, exhibits and advertising materials for exhibitions, trade fairs or advertising campaigns;
- products imported as samples for testing for certification or declaration of conformity or research for other purposes;
- products imported in single copies and provided by one foreign trade contract, used only by legal entities and individual entrepreneurs, who brought it;
- non-food products imported as raw materials and components to perform the orders of foreign companies in accordance with the signed agreements (not intended for sale on the territory of the Republic of Belarus);
- products imported for use in scientific research purposes, including research programs;
- commission trade products, received from the citizens;
- goods (property), received as foreign aid and international technical assistance;
- property seized, arrested and confiscated under the sentence (resolution) of the court or appeal to the state revenue by other means; the property on which execution is levied regarding to tax obligations and unpaid fines, and property released from arrest by authority conducting the procedure;
- goods used for the prevention and liquidation of natural disasters and other emergencies;
- products intended to be sold in duty-free shops;
- products imported for diplomatic or consular missions of foreign states, representatives of international organizations or intended only for the operation of representative offices of foreign companies located on the territory of the Republic of Belarus;
- products, which became available in retail before the date of compulsory certification introduction;
- products exported under foreign trade contracts.
Conformity assessment is carried out in one of the following forms:
According to the List telecommunication devices mentioned in clauses 10.1 – 10.4 must be certified, and devices from clauses 10.5 - 10.16 must be declared.
Declaration of conformity is a form of manufacturer's approval of products conformity to the requirements of technical normative legal acts of the Republic of Belarus.
Declaration procedure is carried out in accordance with the requirements of TKP 5.1.03-2012 "The National System for Conformity Attestation of the Republic of Belarus . The declaration of conformity of the product. Basic concepts." Declaration is carried out according to the schemes set in TKP 5.1.03 (appendix B).
On the registration of the declaration of conformity the applicant provides the following set of documents:
- An application for registration of the declaration (application form).
- An adopted declaration of conformity (declaration form).
- Other documents that confirm the applicant's eligibility to the adoption of a declaration (copies):
- certificate of state registration of the legal entity or natural person as an individual entrepreneur or a treaty of the legal entity or natural person registered as an individual entrepreneur, a foreign manufacturer on the implementation of the foreign manufacturer of functions in terms of ensuring compliance of supplied products to the requirements of technical regulations of the Customs Union and of the liability for non-conformity of supplied products to the requirements of technical regulations of the Customs Union, or permission to open representative offices of foreign organizations in the Republic of Belarus issued by the Ministry of foreign Affairs (if necessary);
- product testing protocols;
- labelling of the samples;
- certificate of conformity to quality or safety management system of the production management system, or the manufacturer's documents confirming the performance of their control in the process of production (when registering a declaration of conformity of serially manufactured products).
All that documents should apply to the declared goods, their copies must be certified by the signature and seal of the applican.The declaration of conformity must be signed by the head of the applying organization ( or authorized deputy).
The Authority for certification analyzes the following issues while registering the declaration:
- applicant's eligibility to the adoption of a declaration of conformity;
- accuracy of mentioning a number of technical regulations on which conformity assessment is made;
- accuracy of declaration formalization.
If the analysis results are positive the Authority for certification gives the declaration a registration number in the term of 5 days and registrate this declaration in the Register of issued conformity certificates and registered declarations of conformity.
Payment for the works on registration of a declaration is carried out on the base of a contract for registration.
The cost of the declaration of conformity registration
- a batch of telecommunication devices - 95 BYN;
- serial production – 170 BYN.
An average cost of testing a sample from the batch of products is approximately from 400 BYN up to 2000 BYN. It depends on the functional capabilities of telecommunication facilities.
Registered declaration together with the documents on the basis of which it was adopted is sent to the applicant.
The declaration of conformity is considered as put in place on the date of its registration in the System registry.
The applicant have the right to hold a certification instead of the adoption of the declaration of conformity for the products included in the List, in order to obtain a certificate of conformity.
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June, 19-20.