On the outcomes of the World Telecommunication Development Conference
The World Telecommunication Development Conference of the International Telecommunication Union, which was devoted to the theme “Iinformation and Communication Technologies for Sustainable Development Goals”, concluded its work In Buenos Aires (Argentina).
The WTDC-17 participants approved the Buenos Aires Action Plan, in which the regions have articulated their specific priorities in the field of telecommunication / ICT development and in building of information society in a set of regional initiatives Implementation of the Buenos Aires Action Plan will be carried out with the expert and financial support of ITU.
The following initiatives will be in focus of the CIS+Georgia region for 2018-2022:
- Development of e-health to ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all, at all ages
- Use of telecommunications/ICT to ensure inclusive, equitable, quality and safe education, including the enhancement of women's knowledge of ICTs and e-government
- Development and regulation of infocommunication infrastructure to make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe and resilient
- Monitoring of the ecological status and of the presence and rational use of natural resources
- Fostering innovative solutions and partnership for the implementation of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies and their interaction in telecommunication networks, including 4G, IMT-2020 and next-generation networks, in the interests of sustainable development
The conference also adopted a Declaration, which draws attention to the need to strengthen international cooperation on issues of digital transformation and transition to a digital economy, building confidence and security online. In addition, the declaration calls for more active use of new and emerging technologies, as well as for inclusion of innovations in national strategies, initiatives and programs to support sustainable development and economic growth.
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June, 19-20.