The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017. The meeting was held in a videoconference format with the connection of regional studios.
The Minister of Communications and Informatization Sergey Popkov made a report. He noted that in the first half of the year the industry worked effectively:
- The share of gross added value in GDP in the Information and Communication Sector for the first half of the year was 5 percent, 1,7 percent of which was for telecommunications.
- The profit from the sale of products (goods, services) for the January-June period amounted to 98,9 million rubles, the growth rate by the corresponding period of the previous year was 108.5 percent.
- The profitability of the sold products (goods, services) remained at the same level and amounted to 15,1 percent, the profitability of sales was 11,1 percent.
- It was ensured that the ratio of the rate of growth in revenues from sales of goods and services per one average worker and the rate of growth of nominal wages by the Ministry of Communications is more than unity.
- The total export of telecommunication, postal services and other services of the organizations of the Ministry of Communications for this period is estimated at 111,4 million USD.
The Minister drew the attention of the Board to the need for strict compliance of all decisions on the results of the meeting.
Particular attention was paid to the quality of services provided to the citizens. The Minister noted that a consumerthe is the main assessor of the work of the organizations in the system of the Ministry of Communications. For the first half of 2017, the number of appealed citizens decreased by 7 percent. At the same time, the format of incoming appeals also changed: the number of written and oral ones decreased and the number of electronic appeals increased. The main issues raised in these applications are payment for services, quality improvements, rules for the provision of services, etc.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June, 19-20.
Three-fold IP traffic increase is predicted by 2021
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Complete Forecast released in June 2017 global IP traffic is expected to increase three-fold and to reach 278 exabytes per month by 2021.