To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The main terms and their definitions are given in accordance with the EAEU regulatory legal base.
The range of acts on conformity to which the conformity assessment is carried out has been significantly expanded.
There are the following forms of conformity assessment:
- declaration of conformity;
- testing (in case the testing is an independent form of conformity assessment in accordance with the EAEU technical regulations or other EAEU laws);
- other forms of conformity assessment established in the EAEU technical regulations;
Conformity assessment objects must possess the following grounds in order to become a subject to obligatory conformity assessment:
In respect of the object of conformity assessment, mandatory confirmation of compliance is introduced in connection with the need to take operational measures of state regulation.
- products: the requirements of the technical regulations of the Republic of Belarus or of the EAEU technical regulations are established and these regulations provide obligatory confirmation of compliance of these objects;
- objects of conformity assessment: obligatory confirmation of compliance is introduced in connection with the need to take operational measures of state regulation.
There have been changes regarding the certificates time validity:
- a certificate comes into force from the date of its registration in the register;
- a certificate owner can terminate a certificate;
- a certificate can be suspended (no more than for six months), renewed or canceled (terminated) by the decision of the certification authority;
- a certificate can be suspended or canceled (terminated) by authorized officials of state bodies which make up the system of state control bodies;
- products produced during the certificate validity period as well as other certified products in cases determined by the rules of conformity assessment, may be in circulation after the cancellation (termination) of the relevant certificate within the limits determined in the legislation of the Republic of Belarus or in accordance with the right of the Eurasian Economic Union of terms of service, expiration dates and (or) products shelf life, except when certificate was canceled (terminated) due to certified facility discrepancy technical requirements of conformity assessment;
- in case of the certificate cancellation, the certificates issued by the same the certification authority earlier are valid within the time limits for which they were issued, but no more than two years from the date of entry the information on the abolition of the accreditation certificate in the register of the National Accreditation System of the Republic of Belarus.
The renewal of the certificate is not provided in the new Law. Now, before the expiry of the certificate's validity in the terms defined by the rules of conformity confirmation, the holder of the certificate has the right to apply to the certification authority that issued the certificate with the application for certification renewal. Renewal of the certificate is carried out taking into account the circumstances determined by the rules of conformity assessment.
The Law introduced new subjects of conformity assessment and defined their rights and obligations. Testing has been determined as a new independent form of conformity assessment
The basics of control (supervision) over requirements compliance in the fields of conformity assessment which are related to obligatory conformity attestation have been also introduced in the Law.
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June, 19-20.
Three-fold IP traffic increase is predicted by 2021
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Complete Forecast released in June 2017 global IP traffic is expected to increase three-fold and to reach 278 exabytes per month by 2021.