ITU-D Study Group 1 Rapporteur Group meetings
ITU-D Study Group 1 Rapporteur Groups met in Geneva from 9 to 18 January 2017. The scope of Study Group 1 on "Enabling environment for the development of telecommunications/ICTs" is:
- National telecommunication/ICT policy, regulatory, technical and strategy development which best enables countries to benefit from the impetus of telecommunications/ICTs, including broadband, cloud computing and consumer protection, as an engine for sustainable growth;
- economic policies and methods of determining costs of services related to national telecommunications/ICTs;
- access to telecommunications/ICTs for rural and remote areas;
- access to telecommunications/ICTs services by persons with disabilities and specific needs;
- the needs of developing countries in spectrum management, including the ongoing transition from analogue to digital terrestrial television broadcasting and the use of the digital dividend, in addition to any future digital switchover.
Each meeting the Rapporteur Group considered one of the following questions:
- Question 1/1: Policy, regulatory and technical aspects of the migration from existing networks to broadband networks in developing countries, including next-generation networks, m-services, OTT services and the implementation of IPv6.
- Question 2/1: Broadband access technologies, including IMT, for developing countries.
- Question 3/1: Access to cloud computing: challenges and opportunities for developing countries.
- Question 4/1: Economic policies and methods of determining the costs of services related to national telecommunication/ICT networks, including next-generation networks.
- Question 5/1: Telecommunications/ICTs for rural and remote areas.
- Question 6/1: Consumer information, protection and rights: Laws, regulation, economic bases, consumer networks.
- Question 7/1: Access to telecommunication/ICT services by people with disabilities and with specific needs.
- Question 8/1: Examination of strategies and methods of migration from analogue to digital terrestrial broadcasting and implementation of new services.
- Resolution 9 : Participation of countries, particularly developing countries, in spectrum management.
For more information on these questions and meetings documentation visit ITU website.
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June, 19-20.