ITU WP 4A Efficient orbit/spectrum utilization for FSS and BSS meeting held on April 13-22
ITU Working Party 4A Efficient orbit/spectrum utilization for the fixed-satellite service (FSS) and broadcasting-satellite service (BSS) meeting was held on April 13-22 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The major study areas of Working Party 4A are orbit/spectrum efficiency, interference and coordination and related aspects for FSS and BSS. Its work has significant relevance to the preparatory work for World Radiocommunication Conferences. 276 representatives from ITU Member-States are regestered to take part in the meeting. Among then are OJSC Giprosvjaz specialists.
It is the first WP 4A meeting in 2016-2019 study period. 61 contributions from Communication Administrations and other WP were submitted. WP 4A structure was defined: the tasks are now allocated betwwen WP 4A-1 b WP 4A-2.
Current study topics include:
- Compatibility between new systems of the aeronautical radionavigation service and the existing fixed-satellite service (FSS) providing feeder uplinks for non-GSO mobile-satellite service (MSS) systems in the 5 091-5 150 MHz band.
- Assessment of the orbital-radio-frequency spectrum resource used by a GSO satellite communication system.
- Technical and operational requirements for earth stations on mobile platforms operating in non-GSO FSS systems in the frequency bands from 17.3 to 19.3,19.7 to 20.2, 27 to 29.1 and from 29.5 to 30.0 GHz.
- Assessment on use of spectrum in the 13-17 GHz band for the fixed-satellite service in Regions 2 and 3 (GSO).
- Interference effect of transmissions from earth stations on board vessels operating in fixed-satellite service networks on fixed service stations.
- Assessment on use of spectrum in the 10-17 GHz band for the fixed-satellite service in Region 1 (GSO).
- Use of very small aperture terminals (VSATs) operating in fixed satellite service networks.
- Alternative reference radiation pattern of FSS earth stations.
- Compatibility studies between the FSS and terrestrial and other space services in the 7150-7250 MHz (s-E) and 8400 – 8500 MHz (E-s) frequency bands.
- Publication of information on bringing into use of satellite networks. 28
- Size of the coordination arc for triggering coordination under RR No. 9.7 between geostationary-satellite networks.
- Examination under § 2.2 of Annex 4 of RR Appendix 30B (Grid points at locations with low satellite antenna gain).
- Development of EPFD validation software in accordance with Recommendation ITU-R S.1503-1.
- Technical criteria used in application of RR No. 9.41 in respect of coordination under RR No. 9.7.
- Earth stations on mobile platforms operating in geostationary fixed-satellite service networks in the 17.3 to 30.0 GHz band.
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June, 19-20.