IoT roadmap drafted in Russia
Internet Initiatives Fund drafted a road map for Internet of Things (IoT) development in Russia.
According to the definition of the ITU, IoT is a global infrastructure for the information society, enabling advanced services by interconnecting (physical and virtual) things based on existing and evolving interoperable information and communication technologies. Through the exploitation of identification, data capture, processing and communication capabilities, the IoT makes full use of things to offer services to all kinds of applications, whilst ensuring that security and privacy requirements are fulfilled.From a broader perspective, the IoT can be perceived as a vision with technological and societal implications.
It is expected that IoT will scale integration of leading machine to machine technology, organization of autonomous networks, data mining, safety, etc.
The main goals of the road map are the follwing:
- increase the efficiency of the resources used in industry, agriculture, housing
- overcome technological gap
- increase the competitiveness of industrial enterprises
- creation and development of new markets
- the introduction of industry's new business model
The objectives are the following:
- develop a system of strategic initiatives in IoT in order to stimulate the development of technologies, standards, monetization models based on the interests of all participants of the ecosystem
- identify mechanisms for funding strategic initiatives, stimulating investments in IoT, venture financing, international cooperation
- ensure the development of national research programs in IoT, identification of key technology initiatives, active participation in international working groups and associations, participation in the development of relevant standards
- develop mechanisms for formation and support of pilot projects in IoT with the involvement of existing investment funds
- create a national center of competence and R&D in IoT
- organize collection and production of foreign ICT equipment
In Belarus IoT is introduced to global public via implementation of Smart Home project.
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks
ITU Regional Workshop on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Future Networks was held in Saint Petersburg, Russia on June, 19-20.