On October 26, 2015 the Radiocommunication Assembly 2015 (RA-15) was opened in ITU, Geneva, Switzerland. RA-15 brings together more than 1000 delegates from more than 100 ITU Member-States and more than 50 observers representing international and regional
The Communications Administration of the Republic of Belarus is represented by the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus and OJSC Giprosvjaz.
World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) is held once per three or four years. It concentrates on the use of the radio-frequency spectrum and the geostationary-satellite and non-geostationary-satellite orbits to bring benefits to end-users all over the world.
WRC revises, if necessary, the Radio Regulations in order to take account of ICT rapid development ICT with the purpose of providing worldwide access to reliable radio services and giving people the opportunity to live and travel in safety and enjoy high-quality radiocommunications.
WRC-15 will be held on November 02-17, 2015, it is preceded by the RA-15. RA-15 provides technical basis for WRC-15, establishes a future work plan, sets worldwide radiocommunications standards (ITU-R Recommendations).
WRC-15 will gather more than 3000 participant from all over the world.
WRC-15 will review international regulatory standards on the use of spectrum in order to ensure sustainable development of all systems and services that use radio frequencies.
WRC-15 will concentrate on the following questions of high importance:
- additional allocation of spectrum for mobile broadband (IMT) to ensure public safety and improve disaster relief communications;
- allocation of spectrum for air sector (use of unmanned aircraft systems, wireless on-board communications, flights-tracking systems) to increase security and environmental safety;
- maritime communications (use of on-board digital transmission and automatic identification system) to enhance safety of navigation;
- new radar systems in vehicles to improve road safety;
- scientific areas of study: Earth exploration satellite services that use radar images with high resolution to improve global environmental monitoring and to achieve a continuous reference time scale (UTC) with the possible suppression of the “leap second”;
- additional spectrum allocation for satellite systems (including IMT) and updated procedures for the efficient use of spectrum resources of satellite orbits.
Three-fold IP traffic increase is predicted by 2021
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Complete Forecast released in June 2017 global IP traffic is expected to increase three-fold and to reach 278 exabytes per month by 2021.
The European Commission wishes to promote free Wi-Fi connectivity for citizens and visitors in public spaces
The European Parliament, the Council and the Commission reached a political agreement on the WiFi4EU initiative and its funding on 29 May 2017.
The 2017 Session of ITU Council
The 2017 Session of ITU Council was hold in Geneva on May 15-25, 2017
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day
World Telecommunication Day has been celebrated annually on 17 May since 1969, marking the founding of ITU and the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention in 1865.
JSV Giprosvjaz specialists designed the project "Reconstruction of a complex of Dinamo Stadium objects in Minsk. Radio communication"
Specialists from the communication systems and networks department of JSV "Giprosvjaz" together with the specialists from the department of communications equipment power supply and architecture and construction department have designed the project "Reconstruction of a complex of Dinamo Stadium objects in Minsk. Radio communication"