On October 26, 2015 the Radiocommunication Assembly 2015 (RA-15) was opened in ITU, Geneva, Switzerland. RA-15 brings together more than 1000 delegates from more than 100 ITU Member-States and more than 50 observers representing international and regional
The Communications Administration of the Republic of Belarus is represented by the Ministry of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Belarus and OJSC Giprosvjaz.
World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC) is held once per three or four years. It concentrates on the use of the radio-frequency spectrum and the geostationary-satellite and non-geostationary-satellite orbits to bring benefits to end-users all over the world.
WRC revises, if necessary, the Radio Regulations in order to take account of ICT rapid development ICT with the purpose of providing worldwide access to reliable radio services and giving people the opportunity to live and travel in safety and enjoy high-quality radiocommunications.
WRC-15 will be held on November 02-17, 2015, it is preceded by the RA-15. RA-15 provides technical basis for WRC-15, establishes a future work plan, sets worldwide radiocommunications standards (ITU-R Recommendations).
WRC-15 will gather more than 3000 participant from all over the world.
WRC-15 will review international regulatory standards on the use of spectrum in order to ensure sustainable development of all systems and services that use radio frequencies.
WRC-15 will concentrate on the following questions of high importance:
- additional allocation of spectrum for mobile broadband (IMT) to ensure public safety and improve disaster relief communications;
- allocation of spectrum for air sector (use of unmanned aircraft systems, wireless on-board communications, flights-tracking systems) to increase security and environmental safety;
- maritime communications (use of on-board digital transmission and automatic identification system) to enhance safety of navigation;
- new radar systems in vehicles to improve road safety;
- scientific areas of study: Earth exploration satellite services that use radar images with high resolution to improve global environmental monitoring and to achieve a continuous reference time scale (UTC) with the possible suppression of the “leap second”;
- additional spectrum allocation for satellite systems (including IMT) and updated procedures for the efficient use of spectrum resources of satellite orbits.
On the outcomes of the World Telecommunication Development Conference
The World Telecommunication Development Conference of the International Telecommunication Union, which was devoted to the theme “Iinformation and Communication Technologies for Sustainable Development Goals”, concluded its work In Buenos Aires (Argentina).
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.