The Regional Preparatory Meeting for World Telecommunication Development Conference 2017
The Regional Preparatory Meeting for World Telecommunication Development Conference 2017 (WTDC-17) for the CIS countries and Georgia will take place from 9 to 11 November, 2016 in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic.
This event will be preceded by the ITU Regional Development Forum for the CIS and Georgia under the topic “ICT for Sustainable Development” on November 8, 2016. The following questions are going to be considered:
- the review of the implementation of regional initiatives for the CIS and Georgia, adopted by WTDC-14;
- opportunities for the cooperation and resources mobilization in the CIS region and Georgia;
- perspective areas of ICT development programs after 2017 in the context of UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Regional Development Forums provide an opportunity for high-level dialogue, cooperation and partnerships among telecommunication and ICT policy-makers, regulators, industry, academia, regional and international development agencies and organizations on specific regional telecommunication and ICT issues.
In line with Resolution 31 (rev. Hyderabad, 2010), the Regional Preparatory Meeting (RPM) aims at engaging the membership in the preparations of the WTDC-17 in order to achieve regional coordination before the conference itself. It also seeks to identify issues at the regional level that need to be addressed to foster the development of telecommunications and ICTs. The questions to discuss at RPM will be the following:
- report on the implementation of the Dubai Action Plan (WTDC-14) and contribution to the implementation of the WSIS Plan of Action and the Sustainable Development Goals
- report on the implementation of outcomes of other ITU Conferences, Assemblies and meetings related to ITU Development Sector (ITU-D) work: Plenipotentiary Conference (PP-14), Radiocommunication Assembly (RA-15)/World Radiocommunication Conference (WRC-15), and World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly (WTSA-16)
- preparations for WTDC-17:
- preliminary draft ITU-D contribution to the ITU Strategic Plan for 2020-2023
- preliminary draft ITU-D Action Plan 2018-2021 (including Study Group Questions)
- preliminary draft WTDC-17 Declaration
- rules of procedure of ITU-D (WTDC Resolution 1)
- streamlining WTDC resolutions
- priority setting for Regional Initiatives, related projects and financing mechanisms
In addition, the following regional initiatives of the RCC member countries will be put into further consideration by the RPM:
- “good health and well-being” (based on the contributions of the Communications Administrations (CA) of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Uzbekistan and Ukraine);
- “high quality education and gender equality” (based on the contributions of the CA of Ukraine and the Republic of Uzbekistan);
- “clean water, sanitation and climate change control” (based on the contribution of the CA of the Kyrgyz Republic);
- industrialization, innovation, infrastructure and partnership for Sustainable Development (based on the contribution of the CA of the Russian Federation)
- “sustainable cities and municipalities” (based on the contributions of the CA of Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova).
Three-fold IP traffic increase is predicted by 2021
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Complete Forecast released in June 2017 global IP traffic is expected to increase three-fold and to reach 278 exabytes per month by 2021.
The European Commission wishes to promote free Wi-Fi connectivity for citizens and visitors in public spaces
The European Parliament, the Council and the Commission reached a political agreement on the WiFi4EU initiative and its funding on 29 May 2017.
The 2017 Session of ITU Council
The 2017 Session of ITU Council was hold in Geneva on May 15-25, 2017
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day
World Telecommunication Day has been celebrated annually on 17 May since 1969, marking the founding of ITU and the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention in 1865.
JSV Giprosvjaz specialists designed the project "Reconstruction of a complex of Dinamo Stadium objects in Minsk. Radio communication"
Specialists from the communication systems and networks department of JSV "Giprosvjaz" together with the specialists from the department of communications equipment power supply and architecture and construction department have designed the project "Reconstruction of a complex of Dinamo Stadium objects in Minsk. Radio communication"