ITU Regional Seminar for CIS on trends in radiocommunications development
ITU Regional Seminar for CIS countries and Georgia on trends in radiocommunications development according to WRC-15 was held on June 27-29, 2016 in Yerevan, Armenia. It was organized by the ITU Radiocommunication Bureau and RCC with the support of Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Republic of Armenia .
The seminar was attended by over 40 experts from Armenia, Belarus, Germany, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Uzbekistan, and ITU representatives. Belarus was represented by RUE "BelGIE" and OJSC Giprosvjaz.
The main objective of the seminar was to exchange practical experiences and develop recommendations for CIS countries and Georgia on the development of advanced radiocommunication systems.
The presentations were made on the following issues:
- Radiocommunication and its role in the modern world
- role of the Radio Regulations Board in the light of WRC-15 decisions
- main results of WRC-15: terrestrial and satellite services
- new procedures in application, coordination and registration of satellite networks
- regulatory and technical issues of using non-geostationary systems
- intelligent transport systems in WRC-19 agenda
- emerging technologies and harmonization of radio spectrum for Internet of things
- new technologies in radio monitoring
Belarus presented two reports:
- Influence of WRC-15 results in further development of national satellite system BELINTERSAT
- Belarusian experience in preparation for WRC
Participation in the seminar gave our professionals opportunity to exchange practical experiences with their colleagues from CIS countries and to keep abreast of new trends and advanced technology development.
On the outcomes of the World Telecommunication Development Conference
The World Telecommunication Development Conference of the International Telecommunication Union, which was devoted to the theme “Iinformation and Communication Technologies for Sustainable Development Goals”, concluded its work In Buenos Aires (Argentina).
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.