III Belarusian-Azerbaijani ICT Forum held on April 19 in Minsk
III Belarusian-Azerbaijani ICT Forum was held on April 19.2016 in Minsk, Belarus.
The opening remarks were made by Mr Sergei Popkov, the Minister of Communications and Informatization of the Republic of Belarus, and Mr Ramin Guluzade, Minister of Communications and Information Technologies of the Republic of Azerbaijan. They underlined the importance of cooperation in ICT and expressed their hope for further productive dialogue between two countries.
During the Forum a lot of presentations and reports on ICT-related issues were made. Some of them are:
- RUE Beltelecom and Azertelecom LLC describes their role in ICT development in Belarus and Azerbaijan
- Mobile TeleSystems JLLC provided an overview of its role in cooperation between public and private sectors
- Belarusian Cloud Technologies JLLC concentrated on G-cloud model and its infrastructure
- R.I.S.K., Azerbaijani company, shared its successful experience in providing ICT services in Belarus, while System Technologies, IT-company from Belarus, spoke on its experience on Azerbaijan ICT market
- Overview of startup ecosystem in Azerbaijan
- Neuron Technologies (Azerbaijan) presented an innovative cloud-based platform for e-learning Unibook
- E-services and e-government solutions were presented by Golden Pay (Azerbaijan) and BestCompGroup (Azerbaijan)
- Ultra (Azerbaijan) highlighted Azerbaijani-Belarusian consortium and fruitful partnership between two countries
Three-fold IP traffic increase is predicted by 2021
According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Complete Forecast released in June 2017 global IP traffic is expected to increase three-fold and to reach 278 exabytes per month by 2021.
The European Commission wishes to promote free Wi-Fi connectivity for citizens and visitors in public spaces
The European Parliament, the Council and the Commission reached a political agreement on the WiFi4EU initiative and its funding on 29 May 2017.
The 2017 Session of ITU Council
The 2017 Session of ITU Council was hold in Geneva on May 15-25, 2017
World Telecommunication and Information Society Day
World Telecommunication Day has been celebrated annually on 17 May since 1969, marking the founding of ITU and the signing of the first International Telegraph Convention in 1865.
JSV Giprosvjaz specialists designed the project "Reconstruction of a complex of Dinamo Stadium objects in Minsk. Radio communication"
Specialists from the communication systems and networks department of JSV "Giprosvjaz" together with the specialists from the department of communications equipment power supply and architecture and construction department have designed the project "Reconstruction of a complex of Dinamo Stadium objects in Minsk. Radio communication"