Mapping broadband services: towards an integrated platform at European level
From 2016 onwards the European Commission will start building a mapping capacity in the form of an EU integrated monitoring platform enabling to:
- benchmark and analyse trends in broadband services in Europe
- promote the usage of reliable and certified tools for fixed and wireless access networks
- in the longer run, develop online services or assess individual NGN projects
This IT tool map will aggregate and benchmark mapping measurements of the services provided by broadband networks, notably from two dimensions:
- Quality of Service (QoS): data on broadband service as declared by telecom operators and collected by Member States such as Ministries, national or regional agencies or National Regulatory Authorities for Electronic Communications (NRAs)
- Quality of Experience (QoE): data from a number of qualified platforms for crowd-sourcing and taking into account the work of BEREC/NRAs on monitoring quality of internet access services, and data from private platforms and international projects.
By developing its own mapping capacity, the Commission will be able to build on these sources as well as on any other relevant native GIS data sets, and thus better account for the deployment of broadband services in Europe. Moreover, it will be able to measure, almost in real time, the concrete effects and foreseeable trends of its high-speed broadband policy.
On the outcomes of the World Telecommunication Development Conference
The World Telecommunication Development Conference of the International Telecommunication Union, which was devoted to the theme “Iinformation and Communication Technologies for Sustainable Development Goals”, concluded its work In Buenos Aires (Argentina).
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.