17th meeting of RCC Working Group on the work with ITU
The 17th meeting of RCC Working Group on the work with ITU will take place on February 16, 2017 in Moscow (Russian Federation). During the meeting the following questions are going to be discussed:
- about CA RCC preparation to the World Telecommunication Development Conference 2017 (WTDC-17);
- about CA RCC preparation to ITU Plenipotentiary Conference 2018 (PC-18);
- about CA RCC preparation to the World Telecommunication Standardization Assembly 2020 (WTSA-20);
- about proposals to the operational plan of the ITU Telecommunication Development Bureau (BDT) on 2018;
- about the working results of the first meeting of the Expert Group on the International Telecommunication Regulations (EG-ITRS);
- informarion about the ITU regional presence research (evaluation of the level and quality of provided services, the effectiveness of regional and area ITU offices network, including their activity and services provided by ITU's Members and their cooperation with regional telecommunication organizations.
Within the question about CA RCC preparation to WTDC-17 new projects of CA RCC proposals on WTDC-17 are going to be discussed. It is also planned to consider the question about WTDC-17 executive positions nomination and nomination of ITU-D working bodies management.
As a part of WTDC-17 preparations the Regional Preparatory Meeting for World Telecommunication Development Conference 2017 for the CIS countries and Georgia took its place on November 9-11, 2016 in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. The following regional initiatives of the RCC member countries were put into consideration by the RPM:
- "good health and well-being" (based on the contributions of the CA of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Republic of Uzbekistan and Ukraine);
- "high quality education and gender equality" (based on the contributions of the CA of Ukraine and the Republic of Uzbekistan);
- "clean water, sanitation and climate change control" (based on the contribution of the CA of the Kyrgyz Republic);
- "industrialization, innovation, infrastructure and partnership for Sustainable Development" (based on the contribution of the CA of the Russian Federation)
- "sustainable cities and municipalities" (based on the contributions of the CA of Ukraine and the Republic of Moldova).
It is planned that Sergey Novikov, the CEO of JSV Giprosvjaz, will take part in the 17th meeting of RCC Working Group on the work with ITU.
On the outcomes of the World Telecommunication Development Conference
The World Telecommunication Development Conference of the International Telecommunication Union, which was devoted to the theme “Iinformation and Communication Technologies for Sustainable Development Goals”, concluded its work In Buenos Aires (Argentina).
The meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization
The results of the socio-economic development of the industry for the first half of 2017 were considered during the meeting of the Board of the Ministry of Communications and Informatization on August 3, 2017.
To the attention of certificate holders, applicants for the certification and those, who accept declarations
The Law of the Republic of Belarus "On conformity assessment to Technical Requirements and accreditation of conformity assessment authorities" came into force on July, 30 2017.
Preparation and testing at EMC Laboratory
EMC Laboratory under JSV Giprosvjaz conducts assessment of telecommunication equipment.
Changes in the Rules for the telecommunication services provision
The Resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus № 518 dated from July 12, 2017 made some additions and changes to the Rules for the telecommunication services provision and the Rules for the of lines, communication structures and radio communications protection in the Republic of Belarus.